- When you first return to your home after if has flooded, a very important step is to document the damage. Take photos of your properties damage so that you have proof of what has happened.
- There will be a considerable amount of expense involved to clear up the devastation left over by a flood. Make sure you keep receipts for everything you buy that is related to the flooding.
- Call a certified home inspector to assist you with recording the properties damage. This is a good thing to do as they can also give you some suggestions on what repair work needs to be done, it may be more than you realize.
- When a home has been flooded because of a natural disaster such as a hurricane, there are specific steps you should take also. For example, if the president declares your area a Major Disaster zone, you should contact FEMA who will be able to provide you with some assistance.
- Another crucial step to take is to contact your insurance company as soon you can. There might be a specific time limit to submit a claim.
While we would never want you to have to deal with a flooded home, we hope these suggestions will help if it does happen. Please feel free to contact us for more information.